The Virtue Experiment
The Hypothesis: If an individual will focus on one virtue each month for the next twelve months, they will experience greater achievements and a more fulfilling life.
The Sample Group: a professional athlete, a school teacher, a president of a not-for-profit organization, a director of a production studio, a dental student, a law student, 2 young couples, a risk management specialist, and 3 stay-at-home mothers. (15 people total)
- All fifteen individuals will be given a colored wristband (much like the yellow “live strong” wristband) to represent the virtue of the month.
- Each individual will be expected to set a goal for that month dealing with that particular virtue.
- Couples will share the goals with their spouses, siblings with siblings, and the single individuals will write their goals down and email them to me.
How the experiment will be monitored:
- Each individual will be expected to report back at the end of the month, and share any unique experiences they enjoyed. Both positive and negative. With their permission, the stories of the test subjects will be shared on the site http://returntovirtues.com/
- Those who fail to report back will receive a brief call and interview to evaluate the results of the month’s goal.
- The results will be used to supplement my manuscript.
Let me know what you think of the experiment, I can be reached by email atdayon at gmail.com or on twitter. I reply to all comments.