This last Friday we had a great call with Raanan Bar-Cohen from Automattic (the company behind the open source project known as WordPress.) Having worked with Time Magazine and the Wall Street Journal with their technology he had some great insights on protecting your blog and making the most of the WordPress platform. He also has asked me to pass on these 6 great links that were mentioned in the call:
1) Security Plugin to scan your existing WordPress self-hosted install
for exploits: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/exploit-scanner/
2) Blog post on how to secure your WordPress:
3) List of recommended hosts: http://get.wp.com/hosting
4) List of top WordPress consultants: http://codepoet.com
5) Our Open Source HD video service: http://videopress.com
6) Mobile and other apps: http://en.support.wordpress.com/apps/
I hope you will join us this Friday, May 21st at 12:00PM EST as Pam Waldow will be joining us to discuss “How to win BIG clients with flat fee arrangements.” Click HERE to sign up for the call.
Hey Adrian – the player for the conf call with Raanan isn’t working (file not found).
The player up top is working, so I just took the one on the bottom down. I’m not sure what the problem was. Thanks for the heads up.